- Boss couplings are all-purpose hose couplings, universally recommended for steam hose connections. They are also widely used for air, water, fluid petroleum chemicals and liquid petroleum gas up to 1" ID. Boss couplings can be applied to many types of rubber, synthetic, plastic, metallic or semi-metallic hose. Consult your local Dixon branch for specific media capabilities.
- Recommended for steam service up to 230°C / 450°F
- Boss couplings supply a convenient threaded fitting needed to connect two lengths of hose, or a single length to a male or female threaded outlet.
- The spud part of the coupling serves as one half of the connection and is usually fixed to the equipment. The stem part that is clamped to the hose is the other half. The two halves are connected or disconnected by rotating the wing nut on the spud. When connected, they achieve a mechanical as well as a pressure seal.
- Use with Boss Clamps
- Easy to seal
- Worn-out hose couplings can be dangerous. They should be checked regularly and replaced when necessary. Each coupling user should review applications and add safety devices where indicated.
- Note. Pressurized steam is an extremely dangerous commodity. Only hose, fittings, clamps and accessory items that have been approved for steam service should ever be used! Never use an unapproved item for steam service. Always follow the manufacturer's product recommendations for pressurized steam handling.