- Boss couplings are all-purpose hose couplings, universally recommended for steam hose connections. They are also widely used for air, water, fluid petroleum, chemicals and liquid petroleum gas up to 1" ID.
- Boss couplings can be applied to many types of rubber, synthetic, plastic, metallic or semi-metallic hose. Consult Dixon for specific media capabilities.
- Boss Ground Joint Complete couplings supply a convenient threaded fitting to connect two lengths of hose, or a single length to a male or female threaded outlet.
- Use with Boss Clamps
- Recommended for steam service up to 450°F (232°C).
- The stem part that is clamped to the hose is one half of the Boss Grount Joint connection. The Boss Ground Joint spud part of the coupling serves as the other half and is usually fixed to the equipment. The two halves are connected or disconnected by rotating the wing nut on the spud. When connected they achieve both a mechanical, and a pressure seal.
- Leakproof seal forms when the metal head of the stem makes contact with the patented polymer seat in the Boss Ground Joint spud.
- Easy to seal
- Worn-out hose couplings can be dangerous. They should be checked regularly and replace when necessary. Each coupling user should review applications and add safety devices where indicated.
- Note. Pressurized steam is an extremely dangerous commodity. Only hose, fittings, clamps and accessory items that have been approved for steam service should ever be used! Never use an unapproved item for steam service. Always follow the manufacturer's product recommendations for pressurized steam handling.